Yaneff @DSTRKT – Leicester Square, London
One of London’s trendy new openings, right by tourist hot spot Leicester Square.
- Highlights – Impressed by the deco as I walked into the restaurant. The 12-course menu looked very promising.
- Not so great – I was slightly underwhelmed by the taste and presentation of the dishes. I blame the hype surrounding DSTRKT.
- Food – There were interesting flavours within the 12 courses. My favourites were the venison tartar, deep fried oyster, the pork pieces and the ice-cream/sorbet.
- Price – £40 per head for a 12-course Spring menu, not too bad.
- Atmosphere – Trendy, interesting center piece draws the eye. Much more of a cool bar vibe rather than a restaurant.
- Staff – Attentive but the service was a little rushed.
My overall rating: 6.8/10