The Glasshouse, New Malden, Surrey
The Glasshouse – what I would describe as a “slightly posh pub”. Having said that, not the slightest bit pretentious. Clearly favourited by the locals.
- Highlights – The environment: The bar area is surrounded by cosy sofas and few fire places. The back of the pub opens out to a dining area and a backyard (great for summer time chilling). Free wi-fi available.
- Not so great – Being a family pub, there were a few crying babies in the midst.
- Food – Good quality roast lamb, crispy-out-fluffy-in roast potatoes and well cooked side vege. Subtle yet complimentary red wine gravy. I approve!
- Price – Good for a Sunday roast. Bordering high for pub lunch.
- Atmosphere – Very cosy, comfortable and relaxing
- Staff – Attentive
My overall rating: 6/10