SushiSamba – Heron Tower, London
A fusion success – Japanese and Brazilian combo, brilliant! Brings surf and turf to another level.
- Highlights – the food, the view!
- Not so great – erm… if i have to list one thing – the tables have sharp edges. Cool leather chairs though 🙂
- Food – I hope the pictures attached do the food justice. Meat is their strength. Tender, well marinated, cooked to perfection – what more can one ask for? Recommended: Pork belly wrap, Churassco (highlight!), Tempura rock shrimp (not your typical prawn tempura)
- Price – High end prices. Approx £150 for 2 people.
- Atmosphere – The entrance to the Heron Tower is very unassuming. The view from the glass lift leading up to the restaurant however is quite impressive – 38th floor! The high ceiling, floor to ceiling surrounding windows accentuates the “coolness” of this trendy eatery / bar. The London skyline is breathtaking under any light. Looking around, the clientele of the restaurant gives an air of new age sophistication. Not stuffy but cool.
- Staff – Very knowledgeable and attentive. Made very good recommendation 😉
My overall rating: 8.8/10 (To be revisited, review to be updated)
*Definitely a venue to impress a date or partner on special occasions. Pre-requisite: must enjoy food (meat) and willing to pay a fair bit for it.