- Veal mince
- Chorizo, diced
- Grated cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- Egg (as binding agent)
- Chopped onion (if you have time)
Sauce / vegetable ragu:
Almost anything goes… I went for:
- Sugardrop cherry tomatoes
- Marinate the minced meat with paprika, cayenne pepper, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, chopped herb (if you fancy or have some in the fridge) for an hour or so.
- Mix in an egg to bind the meat before shaping them into meatballs.
- Stir fry the garlic and onion to start, then throw in the courgette and lastly, cherry tomatoes.
- Season with paprika, a little bit of chicken stock if you fancy, or just salt / soy sauce will do.
- **Cheat ingredient – a dollop of tomato / sweet chilli sauce 🙂
- Add the meatballs into the middle of the pan, simmer until meatball is cooked.
Serve with cous cous / pasta or my choice of the evening – mash potato 🙂
Simple after work supper. Enjoy!