Simple homemade supper: Chicken and tofu stir fry with ginger and spring onion
One of those one plate wonders. Quick and easy to make.
- Chicken thigh fillets
- Tofu (you can use either or both)
- Spring onion
- Chilli (fresh or dried)
- Oyster sauce
- Chinese rice wine
- Fish sauce / soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Corn flour (optional)
- Little bit of sugar to tease out the flavour
- Marinate the chicken pieces in soy sauce / fish sauce, black pepper and corn flour (between 30 mins to 2 hours).
- Stir fry the garlic, ginger, chilli until you can smell the fragrant.
- Add in chicken, stir fry on high heat until partially cooked. Then add in the chinese rice wine (a splash or two should do it), and then the oyster sauce, amount to your liking.
- Once chicken is almost cooked, add spring onion and tofu.
- Lastly, a little bit of sugar. The sweetness somehow intensifies the savoury, garlic and ginger flavours.
Served with jasmine rice.